In honor of National Tortilla Chip Day, I thought I would share with you my favorite Guac recipe. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. It came from a restaurant that no longer exists around these parts. But boy did they ever nail it.
What you need
- 1⁄3; orange wedges
- ¼ lime wedges
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced red onions
- 1 teaspoon minced red onions
- 2 ½ tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced serrano peppers
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large avocados
How to make the goods:
- Open the avocados and scoop avocado meat into a mocajete (or serving bowl).
- Chop avocado meat with the fork and spoon, using the spoon to hold the avocado.
- Use the fork to pierce the orange and the lime, squeeze over avocado meat and mix well.
- Add garlic, onions, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Before you add the serranos, decide how hot/spicy you would like it (1 teaspoons for mild, 2 teaspoons for hot and 1 tablespoon for VERY HOT).
- Add salt and mix well to ensure all of the ingredients are properly mixed into the guacamole.
- Enjoy your freshly made Tableside Guacamole!