I admit, I rushed home to catch some of President Obama on The View. I like to see things live. The ladies were on their best behavior, which is when they truly shine. And oddly, it didn’t seem weird to see our President on the yellow couches.
Here’s what happened as the women quizzed Obama on politics, the economy, racial issues, family matters and even pop culture:
- In the serious moments, Obama acknowledged his and the country’s struggles and challenges, but said his time in office has been the most rewarding of his life. Listen here: [audio:http://www.roxannewilson.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/626104.mp3|titles=Obama: Last 20 Months]
- He admitted that he wasn’t invited to Chelsea Clinton’s wedding, saying the Clintons realized that one president at a wedding is enough and joked that View ladies won’t be invited to his daughters’ weddings. Listen here: [audio:http://www.roxannewilson.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/626101.mp3|titles=Obama: No View Wedding Invite]
- President Obama talks about raising his daughters and praises the Clintons for how they raised Chelsea. Listen here: [audio:http://www.roxannewilson.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/626102.mp3|titles=Obama: Clintons Parenting]
- He also shared his secret for staying calm. Listen here:[audio:http://www.roxannewilson.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/626105.mp3|titles=Obama: Calm]
- He was aware Lindsay Lohan was in jail, but was at a loss when he was asked about such recent pop culture phenomenon as the Mel Gibson tapes and Jersey Shores‘ Snooki, which is probably a good thing. Listen Here: [audio:http://www.roxannewilson.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/626106.mp3|titles=Obama: Snooki]