In honor of National Guacamole Day, which frankly should be a Federal holiday, here is my favorite Guac recipe.
I first had it at Cozymel’s Mexican Restaurant – table side style and I quickly began to do it at home.
- 1/3 orange wedge
- 1/4 lime wedge
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced red onion
- 2 1/2 tablespoons diced tomatoes (if you like them)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced serranos (depending on spiciness)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large avocados
Try it and let me know what you think and/or share your favorite Guac recipe below…
- Open the avocados and scoop avocado into a bowl.
- Envelope the avocado with the fork and spoon, using the spoon to hold the avocado.
- Use the fork to pierce the orange and the lime, squeeze over avocado and mix but don’t smush it.
- Add garlic, onions, tomatoes (if you like) and cilantro.
- Before you add the serranos, to your desire of spiciness
- Add salt and mix with fork.
- Enjoy your freshly made Tableside Guacamole!